Founded in 1932 in Little Italy, Manhattan, John D’Angelico’s handmade guitars quickly attracted the attention of the New York music crowd. NYC gave him access to numerous professional guitarists who appreciated not only D’Angelico’s high level of craftsmanship, but also the opportunity to work directly with a maker who built guitars with custom specifications. During peak production in the late 1930s, approximately 35 guitars were made per year – establishing D’Angelico as a master maker of quality and coveted instruments. In 2011, with a new management team in place, the D’Angelico brand was revitalized with a new, state of the art manufacturing, warehousing and distribution infrastructure. The desire to continue the legacy of making premium guitars provided the backbone for successful relaunch of the brand. Today, D’Angelico guitars are embraced by an increasing number of professional guitarists and serious enthusiasts.