The Earthquaker Devices Plumes offers loads of headroom and almost three-dimensional clarity!
Plumes™ is a unique, all-analog approach to a classic tube-like overdrive circuit offering 3 different clipping voices, loads of headroom and almost three-dimensional clarity that will push your amp over the edge. The reimagined tone control is finely tuned to sculpt low end, clear top end, and focus midrange with blooming sustain. Available August 3rd, contact us to pre-order yours today!
Earthquaker Devices Plumes Small Signal Shredder Clipping Options
Mode 1 is symmetrical clipping utilizing a pair of light emitting diodes. This is the crunchiest setting the Plumes has to offer. When played through a clean amp, it’ll deliver a reasonable facsimile of that classic black and gold British valve amp tone. If you already set your amp dirty, using this mode will make it filthy.
Mode 2 is clean boost mode. This eliminates the soft clipping diodes altogether and leaves you with straight OpAmp drive. This is perfect for pushing your clean tone out in front or driving the preamp of an already overdriven amp into tasteful breakup territory.
Mode 3 is an asymmetrical silicon diode arrangement similar to the stock screamer but with more output and clean clarity; the tone some people describe as “transparent”. It’s almost as if your clean tone is blended in with a slightly less clean tone, ya know? Using this mode gives a warmer low-end response and lower output. It’s less hard on your amp and your ears. It’s a classic pleasant tone the whole band can enjoy.
Earthquaker Devices Plumes Small Signal Shredder Specs & Features
1. Level: This controls the output volume.
2. Gain: This controls the amount of drive.
3. Tone: More bass to the left, more middles in the middle and more treble to the right.
4. Clipping Modes (3-Way Toggle):
1. Symmetrical LED clipping - More Crunch and Compression.
2. No clipping - Wide open OpAmp drive for clean boost.
3. Asymmetrical silicon diode clipping - More transparency with a loose feel.
- This relay-based, true bypass switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching style switching.
- For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass.
- For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
Shop Earthquaker Devices In Stock:
Have a question?
Contact us at (516) 626-9292 or firstname.lastname@example.org