Gibson Memphis Dave Grohl Signature ES-335
If there’s one constant in the universe, it’s Dave Grohl’s go-to guitars: the Gibson Trini Lopez. Grohl first acquired a Trini back in his Nirvana days, and he’s been associated with the model throughout his years leading the Foo Fighters.
During that time, Gibson has built Grohl some special Trini Lopez-inspired guitars called the DG-335. Now, the company is taking the Grohl guitar to the next level with the rollout of Gibson Memphis’ Dave Grohl ES-335 model. It’s similar to the DG-335 and its forebear, the Trini Lopez. A total of 600 Dave Grohl ES-335s will be made, 200 in Pelham Blue and 400 in a striking Gold Metallic. Features include:
- Three-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple Top, Back, and Sides
- Mahogany Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard with Pearloid Split-Diamond Headstock
- Inline Six-On-A-Side Headstock with Fiber Veneer and Silver Gibson Logo
- Dave Grohl Signature on Back of Headstock
- 24-3/4” Scale Length and 1-11/16” Neck Width at Nut
- Chrome Mini Grover Tuners
- Chrome ABR Bridge and Stopbar Tailpiece
- Burstbucker 2 and 3 Humbucker Pickups
- Memphis Tone Circuit
- Black Top Hat Knobs with Silver Inserts
- Comes with Gibson Memphis Certificate of Authenticity and Hard Shell Case
Grohl has described his original Trini Lopez as “The sound of the Foo Fighters,” and he’s used it extensively on each of the band’s albums. The Foos are known for emotionally charged songs with great dynamic shifts. From quiet intros and verses to full-on raging choruses, the guitar has delivered whatever sound was necessary. That same versatility—from a whisper to a scream—is here with the Dave Grohl ES-335.
This guitar is available right here on our site! Also, be sure to check out our entire stock of Gibson Memphis models we have in stock as well!