We're all loving the A-Type guitar from Powers Electric, but how do you decide which pickup model is right for you? The FF42 Full Faraday or the PF42 Partial Faraday? Let us help you decide!
Join us today as Jordan is joined by Aaron Dablow of Powers Electric to dive deep into the engine of the A-Type: the pickups! There are two options available in your Powers Electric guitar, the FF42 Full Faraday or the PF42 Partial Faraday. Both are incredible, full-fidelity pickups that will have you hearing every nuance of your playing, but we find that for certain applications one works better than the other.
Listen in as a group of Music Zoo staff plays each guitar and you can hear the pickup response differ in the bloom and attack of each note depending on the pickup. You'll find that the FF42 has an overall rounder, warm sound and the PF42 has a sharp, immediate attack and high-end snap to it.
Watch the Powers Electric Pickup Shootout Demo Video Now!
Powers Electric A-Type Specs
- Fully Enclosed Hollowbody Electric Guitar
- Solid Maple Top (Flame Maple for A-Type Select Models)
- Urban Ash Body
- Tone Bar Bracing with Soundposts
- One-Piece Mahogany Neck
- Honduran Rosewood Fretboard with Italian Acrylic Inlays
- Honduran Rosewood Headstock Overlay
- Jescar Custom Jumbo Frets
- 24-7/8" Scale Length
- 1-11/16" Width Ebony Nut
- Assymetrical Fretboard Radius
- PF42 or FF42 Pickup Set with Master Volume and Tone Controls
- High-Carbon Steel Base Bridge
- "CamTail" Camshaft Vibrato Tailpiece with Zero-Point Return Option
- Resin Knobs
Shop Powers Electric Now:
Contact Us For Powers Electric Gear!
Contact us at (516) 626-9292 or firstname.lastname@example.org