It’s been a long time coming, but Gibson and Warren Haynes have finally gotten together to create the signature ES-335 based on Warren’s legendary ’61 that he has rocked for years with Gov’t Mule, the Allman Brothers Band, and the Grateful Dead. This very limited run of guitars will start appearing this month, and are built to be exactly like Warren’s vintage 1961 model. The Memphis-built ES-335s have been off-the-chain-good lately, so we’re excited about this one. According to our source at Gibson: Everything about this guitar is exactly like Warren’s original 1961 Cherry ES-335 – one of his “go-to” guitars – very well known to vintage collectors and Warren fans. The neck shape is exactly like his original, which is kind of in that transitional ’59-’60’s shape, very comfortable. Many ‘61s have a flat neck but this is more round – similar shape and feel to the Bonamassa and Dickinson ES-335’s from Memphis recently.
Retail on the Gibson Warren Haynes Celebrity Series 1961 ES-335 is $5,174.00, and we expect the MAP (street) price will be $3,699.00
• 100% American made, in Memphis TN.
• Individually matched “Cathedral” pattern plain Maple veneers
• Period correct “Mickey Mouse” cutaways
• Historically accurate, long anchors, studs, and Truss Rod
• Lightweight 1961 style maple Center block
• Hand stained with color matched 60’s style Cherry stain
• Individually selected Necks for weight
• Burst Bucker 1 and 2 pickups with ”Black Beauty” capacitors
• Exact neck shape as Warrens original
• Lightweight guitar