Make easy monthly payments. Select Affirm at checkout.Learn more
Laugh all you want while headbanging along to Steel Panthers satirically swaggering take on ‘80s-era Sunset Strip glam metal, but there is just no arguing with the ferociously slamming chops of guitarist Russ ‘Satchel’ Parrish. Simply put, nobody puts the 1987 into today like Parrish and his metalloid feline cohorts, and Charvel is excited to deliver a huge horns-up in the tiger-striped form of the Satchel Signature Pro-Mod DK Bengal. This instrument has an alder Dinky body with sharper-radius top edges and an all-new flamboyant Satin Purple Bengal finish. Of special note are the two Fishman Fluence Classic humbucking pickups topped with black/purple bobbins, which share a single volume control knob with special push/pull dual voice activation. Using this control, the PRF-CHB neck pickup delivers ideal-but-elusive vintage PAF humbucking neck pickup tone with just the right dynamics and output (voice one), or a Fluence-exclusive neck tone with clear and airy chime, unreal high end, highly vocal midrange and tight lows (voice two). Similarly, the PRF-CHB bridge pickup delivers ideal vintage PAF humbucking tone calibrated for perfect output (voice one), or quintessential hot-rodded humbucking bridge tone without all the baggage (voice two). You get the idea – it sounds huge!
Includes: Tremolo Arm and Paperwork
- 25.5 scale length
- Alder Dinky™ body
- Bolt-on maple neck with graphite reinforcement and and hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back
- 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and offset dot inlays
- Fishman® Fluence® Classic PRF-CHB bridge and neck pickups (uncovered with black and purple bobbins)
- Three-way toggle switch and volume (push/pull voice activation) control
- Top-loaded Floyd Rose® 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- Charvel-branded sealed die-cast tuners and Charvel neck plate
- Available in Satin Purple Bengal with black hardware and licensed Fender® Strat® headstock
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted source for musicians around the world. We've located guitars for Slash, sold guitars for Steve Miller, held performances by major artists like Steve Vai, built thousands of customer relationships, and helped countless enthusiasts find just the right instrument. Today we look forward to finding your next guitar!