Make easy monthly payments. Select Affirm at checkout.Learn more
Check out new for 2019 EVH 5150 Series Standard model, this one in a futuristic looking Satin Primer Gray finish! Engineered for speed, comfort and full-throttle attitude, the reimagined 5150 is an iconic blast from the past that blends both throwback and modernized features. Like its predecessor, the 5150 features a modified Strat®-style basswood body with a deeper upper body curve. The graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck features a comfortable modified “C” profile, hand-rubbed urethane back finish, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel and matching “hockey stick” headstock with EVH® logo decal. Built for smooth and speedy playability, the 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays. While the famed striped original had a single humbucking bridge pickup only, the all-new 5150 is outfitted with an HH pickup configuration controlled by a quick access three-way toggle on the lower bout. The custom designed EVH® Wolfgang® Alnico 2 Humbucker bridge pickup delivers the perfect amount of punch and articulation with sweet sustain and thick chunky rhythms in a perfectly balanced EQ curve. The EVH Wolfgang humbucker neck pickup serves up no-nonsense, balls to the wall overdrive and endless sustain without skimping on articulate cleans when the volume is rolled down. A high-friction tone knob provides unmatched tonal performance, while the custom designed EVH-branded low-friction volume knob creates even-volume tapering for the smoothest volume swells. Decked out with a “dive-bomb” certified EVH-branded top-mount Floyd Rose® bridge, each locking nut tailpiece features fine tuners and a patented EVH D-Tuna® for switching back and forth from drop-D to standard tuning in an instant. A high-octane, high performance axe, the 5150 boasts battle-ready style in either a Matte Army Drab, Rocket Red or Satin Primer Gray finish with all-chrome hardware, including the EVH-branded Gotoh® tuning machines.
- SERIES: 5150®
- BODY MATERIAL: Basswood
- NECK: Quartersawn Maple
- NECK FINISH: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- FINGERBOARD: Maple, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- FRETS: 22, Jumbo
- POSITION INLAYS: Black Dot
- NUT (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® R3 Locking, 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- TUNING MACHINES: EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.5" (648 mm)
- BRIDGE: Top-Mount EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
- PICKUPS: EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- PICKUP SWITCHING: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- CONTROLS: Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot), Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction)
- CONTROL KNOBS: Black "Speed"
- HARDWARE FINISH: Chrome
- STRINGS: EVH®-Branded (.009-.042 Gauges)
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted source for musicians around the world. We've located guitars for Slash, sold guitars for Steve Miller, held performances by major artists like Steve Vai, built thousands of customer relationships, and helped countless enthusiasts find just the right instrument. Today we look forward to finding your next guitar!