Tested where it counts— live onstage— the Wolfgang WG Standard is decked out for playing performance and comfort and is available in a show-stopping Gold Top finish with black headstock and black hardware. Offering many of the blazing features as its more expensive brethren, the Wolfgang WG Standard has a basswood body with special “comfort cut” forearm contour for maximum playing ease, along with attractive masked-off natural body binding. Its bolt-on maple neck with graphite reinforcement rods hold strong against the ravages of temperature and humidity, while a conveniently located spoke wheel at the base of the neck makes for quick and painless truss rod adjustments. Designed for comfortable playability and speed, the WG Standard also features an oiled neck back finish and a 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays. Dual EVH® Wolfgang humbucking pickups mounted directly to the body increase vibration transfer, resulting in sustain for days on end. Two black speed control knobs have been dialed-in to Van Halen’s exacting specifications—the smooth-feeling 500k pots make it easy to find a unique sound while retaining the crisp high-end sparkle of the Wolfgang pickups. The EVH-branded Floyd Rose® Special bridge and R2 locking nut consistently keep the guitar in tune through the deepest whammy dives and horse whinnies.
- SERIES: Wolfgang® Standard
- BODY MATERIAL: Basswood
- NECK: Maple
- NECK FINISH: Oiled
- FINGERBOARD: Maple, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- FRETS: 22, Jumbo
- POSITION INLAYS: Black Dot
- NUT (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® R2 Locking, 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- TUNING MACHINES: EVH®-Branded
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.5" (648 mm)
- BRIDGE: EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo
- Bridge: Direct Mount Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Neck: Direct Mount Wolfgang® Humbucking
- PICKUP SWITCHING: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- CONTROLS: Volume, Tone
- CONTROL KNOBS: Black "Speed"
- HARDWARE FINISH: Black Chrome
- STRINGS: EVH®-Branded (.009-.042 Gauges)
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted source for musicians around the world. We've located guitars for Slash, sold guitars for Steve Miller, held performances by major artists like Steve Vai, built thousands of customer relationships, and helped countless enthusiasts find just the right instrument. Today we look forward to finding your next guitar!