Free Shipping Free 3-Year Assurance
In Stock! This Fender model for sale is available to buy online now, and ready to ship from our Farmingdale, NY location.
Make easy monthly payments. Select Affirm at checkout.
Authorized Fender Dealer
The Music Zoo is an authorized online dealer for Fender Electric Guitars. Get expert service and product support when you buy Fender gear from a trusted retailer.
Watch the Product Demo Video
American Vintage II 1966 Jazzmaster Dakota Red Item Description
This is the new American Vintage II 1966 Jazzmaster in Dakota Red. The American Vintage II Series is a continuation and improvement upon the beloved Fender American Vintage Series that pays homage to Fender's history and heritage.
The Jazzmaster® was originally advertised as a guitar that contained “all the well-known Fender developments,” where “every convenience is provided.” Intended to provide a luxury playing experience and tempt jazz guitarists into playing solidbody electric guitars, this futuristic and comfort-contoured offset is about as far from a boxy archtop as can be imagined. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the guitar failed to catch on with the jazz crowd, but instead gained early acceptance with ‘60s surf, and later, indie-rock, alternative, and even country players.
The American Vintage II 1966 Jazzmaster features a comfortable “C” shape maple neck that plays like a dream with a 7.25” radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Characteristic of production in 1966, this guitar is offered with white neck binding, pearl blocks, single-line “Fender Deluxe” tuners and matching painted headstock (on custom colors only). The patented “floating” tremolo, adjustable bridge with threaded saddles and Pure Vintage ‘66 Jazzmaster pickups, wired to the signature rhythm and lead circuits, deliver classic tone and authentic Fender feel.
If you want an American-made Fender that has all of the historically-accurate parts and tones, it doesn't get much better than the American Vintage II series!
Includes: Hardshell Case, Tremolo Arm and Paperwork
Product Specs and Features
- Solidbody Electric Guitar
- Dakota Red Finish
- Alder Body
- 1966 "C" Shaped Maple Neck with Matching Headstock
- Rosewood Fretboard with Pearl Block Inlays and Binding
- 25.5" Scale Length
- Bone Nut, 1.65” Width
- 7.25" Radius
- 21 Vintage Tall Frets
- Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazzmaster Pickups
- Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Master Volume, Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- 2-Position On/Off Slide Switch for Switching Between "Lead" and "Rhythm" Circuits
- Pure Vintage Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Tuners
- Nickel/Chrome Hardware
- 8 lbs, 4 oz.
- .840" Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
- .920" Neck Thickness at 12th Fret
Additional Item Information
- Fender Offset Jazzmaster / Jaguar Body Shape
- Brand New Condition with Warranty
- Solid Body Electric Guitar Construction
- Manufactured by Fender
Trusted Online Guitar Store
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted shop for musicians around the world when looking to buy electric guitars online. Secure checkout and prompt shipping are included with all online orders. If you're shopping for Fender electric guitars near me, contact us for curbside pickup, or book an appointment to purchase in person. Get more than just a great piece of gear when you buy this American Vintage II 1966 Jazzmaster Dakota Red online from The Music Zoo.