Make easy monthly payments. Select Affirm at checkout.Learn more
Limited to only 50 masterbuilt guitars worldwide, this is the Eric Johnson 'Virginia' Strat by the FEnder Custom Shop. It pays tribute to the 1954 Strat that tone savant Eric Johnson made his debut on Austin City Limits with in 1988. It's a sassafras bodied Strat named after a label found inside the pickup routes. Every intricacy of Johnson’s original was reproduced in painstaking detail by Lopez. From the single Graph Tech® String Saver saddle on the high E to the flat washer on the output jack and specially cut nut, he left no stone unturned in his quest—even going so far as to match the actual pot values and removing one spring from the rear cavity. Featuring a Deluxe Closet Classic finish package, this guitar wears a lightly checked lacquer finish, matched to Closet Classic hardware, giving it a well-loved, slightly aged look. The offset-seam, two-piece body is crafted from tight-grained sassafrass, which adds a “round” note to the instrument’s voice. The AAAA flame maple neck features a “V”-shaped profile that comfortably fills the hand and hosts a 12”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 jumbo frets. Custom, hand-wound “Virginia” neck and middle pickups, matched to a fat-sounding DiMarzio HS2 humbucking bridge pickup powers this guitar’s voice. This trio of pickups are connected by custom wiring and a 5-way pickup switch which places the pickup pair in-phase in switch position two and out-of-phase in position four, unlocking his singing, violin-like tone for you to enjoy.
Includes: Hardshell Case, Certificate of Authenticity, Trem Arm, Paperwork, Custom Pure Nickel String Set
- Solidbody Electric Guitar
- 2-Piece Offset Seam Sassafras Body
- 10/56 “V” 1-Piece 4A-Grade Flane Maple Neck
- 25.5" Scale Length
- 12" Fretboard Radius
- 1.625" Nut Width (Micarta Nut)
- 21 Jumbo Frets
- DiMarzio® HS-2™ Bridge, Custom Shop Hand-Wound EJ Virginia Neck and Middle PIckups
- 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup (in phase), Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup (out of phase), Position 5. Neck Pickup
- 6-Saddle Custom Shop EJ Synchronized Tremolo with High "E" Graph Tech® String Saver Saddle
- Vintage-Style Tuners
- Nickel Hardware
- 8 lbs, 8 oz.
- .880" Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
- .950" Neck Thickness at 12th Fret
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted source for musicians around the world. We've located guitars for Slash, sold guitars for Steve Miller, held performances by major artists like Steve Vai, built thousands of customer relationships, and helped countless enthusiasts find just the right instrument. Today we look forward to finding your next guitar!