An ode to perhaps the rarest Fender guitar of all - as well as the very first one. This is the Vintage Custom 1950 Pine Esquire, built just like the original single-pickup solidbody guitar down to its slightly thinner 1.5" pine body, single-piece rift sawn maple neck without any truss rod, and a 7.25-9.5" fretboard radius. The finish is a super thin 'Aged Black' finish with a Flash Coat nitro lacquer and Closet Classic finished hardware. It looks like a well cared-for original with only slight aging, and we love how if you look close enough, the black sinks into the grain of the pine ever so slightly. A hand-wound ‘50-‘51 Blackguard pickup is outfitted with full-throttle Esquire wiring (Position 1: Volume and Tone, Position 2: Volume, Position 3: Pickup Straight to Output) with a three-way switch. Other features include a single-ply eggshell pickguard, 1950 Esquire bridge with original style steel saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, and disk string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap, 1950 Esquire control assembly, and certificate of authenticity.
Includes: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, 1950 Esquire Control Assembly and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Solidbody Guitar
- 2-Piece Sandwich Style Pine Body
- 1-Piece Rift Sawn Maple Neck and Maple Fretboard
- 7.25" to 9.5" Radius
- 25.5" Scale Length
- 1.650" Nut Width
- 21 Medium Vintage Frets
- Black Dot Inlays
- Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard Pickup
- 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Pickup Straight to Output Jack, Position 2. Pickup with Volume Control, Position 3. Pickup with Volume and Tone Control Pickup Switching
- Master Volume, Master Tone Controls
- 3-Saddle '50 Esquire® with Original Style Steel Saddles Bridge
- Vintage-Style Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- Aged Black Finish
- 6 lbs, 13 oz.
- .960” Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
- .990 Neck Thickness at 12th Fret
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted source for musicians around the world. We've located guitars for Slash, sold guitars for Steve Miller, held performances by major artists like Steve Vai, built thousands of customer relationships, and helped countless enthusiasts find just the right instrument. Today we look forward to finding your next guitar!