Make easy monthly payments. Select Affirm at checkout.Learn more
It's a good day to work at The Music Zoo when a 1955 Stratocaster walks in through the door! This vintage Strat is the real deal, played in and maintained over the years - it's not 100% original - however it's ready to be played for even more years to come. The original components of the guitar are the pickups, tone pots, paper capacitors, and the body finish - albeit with a low output coming from the neck pickup, something that occurs naturally over time from the magnets becoming weaker. The guitar has been refretted with vintage-size frets and an overspray to the fretboard. There are plastic knobs, a newer nut, 5-way pickup switch, and single-line Kluson tuners. There were some chips on the face of the headstock that have been repaired, and the tuner holes were enlarged to fit the new tuners. The guitar includes an original center pocket tweed case that in and of itself has vibe for days! It's always a humbling experience to be able to hold a Fender guitar such as this Strat!
Includes: Original Center Pocket Tweed Case, Non-Original Tremolo Arm and Bridge Cover
- 7 lbs, 5 oz.
- Sunburst Finish
- Ash Body
- Maple Neck
- 25.5” Scale Length
- 7.25” Fretboard Radius
- .850" Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
- .940" Neck Thickness at 12th Fret
- 11-54 Body Date, TG 1-55 Neck Date
- Original Tone Pots, Paper Capacitor, Original Center Pocket Tweed Case
- Weak Output Neck Pickup
- 5-Way Pickup Switch Installed
- Replaced Volume Pot
- Refretted with Vintage Size Frets and Fretboard Oversprayed
- Later-Era Single-Line Kluson Tuners
- Plastic Volume and Tone Knobs with Non-Original Tremolo Arm and Trem Cover
- Repaired Chips on Headstock, Enlarged Tuner Holes
- Replaced Nut
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted source for musicians around the world. We've located guitars for Slash, sold guitars for Steve Miller, held performances by major artists like Steve Vai, built thousands of customer relationships, and helped countless enthusiasts find just the right instrument. Today we look forward to finding your next guitar!