Crafted in Brooklyn, this is an FSC Instruments JM model with a light relic Lake Placid Blue nitro finish and matching headstock over a lightweight alder body! FSC Instruments is a company founded by luthier Farhad Soheili who utilizes the aesthetics of vintage guitars as well as his expertise in modern specs and setup tweaks to create guitars that are familiar yet new at the same time. The JM is FSC’s spin on an Offset-Style guitar with a compound fretboard radius, a contoured neck heel with countersunk screws for a seamless feel, hand-wound single-coil pickups and a very cool gold foil middle pickup is activated via a push-pull tone pot (the other pickups are not active when the gold foil is turned on). A spec that pushes the sounds that this guitar is capable of into the stratosphere is a de Lisle Varitone switch in lieu of the more traditional rhythm circuit. The Varitone notches out frequencies and gives the guitar some very cool filter tones – and this is active no matter what position or pickup is activated.
Includes: Gator Gigbag, Screw-In Tremolo Arm and Certificate of Authenticity
- Solidbody Electric Guitar
- Lightweight Alder Body
- Maple Neck and Slab Rosewood Fretboard with Clay Dot Inlays and White Binding
- ’61 “C” Hand-Shaped Neck Profile
- 25.5” Scale Length
- 7.25-9.5” Fretboard Radius
- 6105 Frets
- Dual Action Spoke Wheel Adjustable Truss Rod
- FSC Handwound 1962 Spec Alnico V Single-Coil Pickups with Handwound Gold Foil Middle Pickup
- Master Volume and Tone Controls (Push-Pull Tone to Activate Gold Foil Pickup)
- Mastery Bridge, JM Tremolo with Threaded Arm Collet
- de Lisle VariTone Switch and Vintage-Correct 1959 Style “ZNW1P1” .1MFD Paper in Oil Tone Cap
- 7 lbs, 9 oz.
- .870” Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
- .950" Neck Thickness at 12th Fret
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted source for musicians around the world. We've located guitars for Slash, sold guitars for Steve Miller, held performances by major artists like Steve Vai, built thousands of customer relationships, and helped countless enthusiasts find just the right instrument. Today we look forward to finding your next guitar!