During a time when cultural optimism was low, Gibson dreamed up a new line of "advanced" instruments, included in those models was the Advanced Jumbo. Due to low production numbers, from 1936-1939, this model largely flew under the radar even though it was a supreme sounding and performing instrument. The Gibson Acoustic Custom Shop is pleased to once again offer the Gibson 1936 Advanced Jumbo, outfitted with a Thermally Aged red spruce top, rosewood back and sides, and premium Waverly tuners.The 1936 Advanced Jumbo brings back all the tone and prestige that made these such a sought-after instrument by artist and collectors.
Includes: Hardshell Case and Paperwork
- Acoustic Guitar
- Thermally Aged Red Spruce Top
- Rosewood Back and Sides
- Historic AJ Profile Mahogany Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- 25.5" Scale Length
- 12” Fretboard Radius
- 19 Standard Size Frets
- 1.725” Nut Width
- Bone Saddle and Nut
- Mother of Pearl Diamonds and Arrows Inlays
- Rectangle Open-Slot Bridge
- Traditional hand-scalloped Advanced X-bracing, red spruce braces with hide glue
- Single-Ply Top and Single-Ply Back Binding
- 4 lbs, 7 oz.
- .930” Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
- 1.040” Neck Thickness at 9th Fret
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted source for musicians around the world. We've located guitars for Slash, sold guitars for Steve Miller, held performances by major artists like Steve Vai, built thousands of customer relationships, and helped countless enthusiasts find just the right instrument. Today we look forward to finding your next guitar!