One of the most fabled Gibson’s of all time, the J-185 was originally released in 1951. Designed to be just slightly smaller in proportion to the larger SJ-200, the J-185 used similar appointments, Sitka spruce and maple back and sides for it's construction. This Custom Historic 1952 J-185 is enhanced with a Thermally Aged Sitka spruce top and gorgeous flame maple back and sides. Sporting classic J-185 appointments including iconic maltese crosses inlaid in mother-of-pearl on the open slot bridge. A rare model, but highly desired by artist and performers worldwide.
Includes: Hardshell Case and Paperwork
- Acoustic Guitar
- Thermally Aged Sitka Spruce Top
- Flame Maple Back and Sides
- “V” Profile Mahogany Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- 24-3/4" Scale Length
- 12” Fretboard Radius
- 19 Legend Wire Frets
- 1.725” Nut Width
- Bone Saddle and Nut
- Mother of Pearl Parallelogram Inlays
- Belly Up Open Slot Bridge
- Traditional hand-scalloped Advanced X-bracing with hide glue
- Multi-Ply Top and Multi-Ply Back Binding
- Gold Gotoh Keystone Tuners
- 4 lbs, 1 oz.
- .830" Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
- .920" Neck Thickness at 9th Fret
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted source for musicians around the world. We've located guitars for Slash, sold guitars for Steve Miller, held performances by major artists like Steve Vai, built thousands of customer relationships, and helped countless enthusiasts find just the right instrument. Today we look forward to finding your next guitar!