It's safe to say that without this guitar, Heavy Metal as a genre would not exist. This is the iconic Tony Iommi "Monkey" 1964 SG Special, replicated to every inch and detail by the Gibson Custom Shop. This is the top of the line Aged and Signed version in the left-handed incarnation just like Iommi's original. Only 25 of these guitars exist! This one is #10. This heavily modified SG Special was used throughout every Black Sabbath album and tour of the 1970s. It's most noticeable features are the Monkey sticker, but also features customizations that include a polyurethane-coated fretboard, a zero fret, and a set of hand-made pickups wound in the UK by the apprentice of the late John Birch who was responsible for creating Iommi's original pickup set. Each guitar includes a 1960s replica Gibson hardshell case, a Certificate of authenticity, a replica leather strap just like Tony's, and even a replica silver cross chain with an incredibly cool metal coffin case. You can't deny that this will be the centerpiece of any serious Black Sabbath memorabilia collection for a long time to come.
Includes: Hardshell Case, Certificate of Authenticity, Heavy Leather Replica Leather Strap, Replica Silver Cross Necklace in Metal Coffin Case
- Solidbody Electric Guitar
- 1-Piece Solid Mahogany Body
- Solid Mahogany Neck
- Neck Profile: Recreated from Scan of Original (Medium C)
- 1.687" / 42.85mm Nut Width
- Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit Fingerboard
- 24.75" / 628.65mm Scale Length
- 22 Frets
- Bone w/ Zero Fret Nut
- Adjustable Wrap-Around Bridge
- Stud Anchors Only Tailpiece
- Black Witch Hat Knobs w/ Silver Inserts
- John Birch "Superflux" Neck Pickup
- John Birch P-90
- 2 500K CTS Volume Pots, 2 500K CTS Tone Pots, Hand-Wired Harness
- 1960s Replica Black/Yellow Hardshell Case
- 6 lbs, 8 oz.
- .890" Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
- 1.020" Neck Thickness at 12th Fret
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted source for musicians around the world. We've located guitars for Slash, sold guitars for Steve Miller, held performances by major artists like Steve Vai, built thousands of customer relationships, and helped countless enthusiasts find just the right instrument. Today we look forward to finding your next guitar!