A quite collectible Martin, this is the new and limited edition Martin D Homeward Dreadnought built with ornate art in honor of tattoo legend Norman "Sailor Jerry" Collins. The guitars top, headstock and fretboard are inlaid with Collin's art entitled "Homeward Bound", with shell and hand-selected wood to create the art. The wood tones were created using a technique called sand shading to create the different colors. In addition to the artwork, the guitar features quilted bubinga binding, with koa back and sides and a matching koa headstock overlay. The top is heavy bearclaw Sitka spruce and features non-scalloped, forward-shifted X-bracing found in Martin’s recently reimagined Standard Series. A beautiful piece that will be a great collectible for years to come!
Includes: Hardshell Case and Paperwork
- Non-Electric Acoustic Guitar
- Dreadnought Body Size
- Heavy Bearclaw Sitka Spruce Top with Quilted Bubinga Binding
- Koa Back and Sides
- Forward Shifted X Bracing
- Genuine Mahogany Neck
- Modified Low Oval Neck Shape with High Performance Taper
- Ebony Fretboard with Abalone Side Dots, Shell & Wood Fretboard Inlay
- 25.4" Scale Length
- 1-3/4" Nut Width
- 2-5/32” String Spacing
- 16" Fretboard Radius
- 20 Frets
- Gold Grand Tune Tuning Machines
- Koa Headstock Overlay and Quilted Bubinga Heelcap
- 4 lbs, 8 oz.
- .830” Neck Profile at 1st Fret
- .920” Neck Profile at 9th Fret
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted source for musicians around the world. We've located guitars for Slash, sold guitars for Steve Miller, held performances by major artists like Steve Vai, built thousands of customer relationships, and helped countless enthusiasts find just the right instrument. Today we look forward to finding your next guitar!