Eddie Van Halen's Original Shark Guitar Design!
At the 2019 NAMM show, EVH unveiled a super exciting recreation of the original EVH Shark Guitar debuted on the first Van Halen World Tour back in 1978! Eddie Van Halen is known for infusing his iconic guitars with their own identity. With his visionary hands-on approach to personally modifying his style and tone, Eddie has created some of the most memorable guitars in rock ‘n’ roll history.
The “Shark” took his angular offset axe and sawed a chunk out of the body, leaving jagged edges in the wood that resembled teeth. After applying a coat of silver paint, Eddie added tape in his famed striped pattern and then grabbed a rattle can of burgundy Schwinn bicycle paint to finish the job. It became more widely known and adored by fans after appearing on the back cover of Van Halen’s 1980 album, Women and Children First.
EVH Striped Series Shark Specs
- SERIES: Striped
- BODY MATERIAL: Ash
- NECK: Maple
- NECK FINISH: Satin
- FINGERBOARD: Pau Ferro, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- FRETS: 22, Jumbo
- POSITION INLAYS: White Dot
- NUT (Material/Width): Brass, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- TUNING MACHINES: EVH-Branded Custom Gotoh SG381 (Chrome & Gold)
- SCALE LENGTH: 24.75" (629 mm)
- BRIDGE: EVH Chrome-Plated Solid-Brass Harmonica
- PICKUPS: Bridge: EVH Wolfgang Parchment Pickup w/ Metal Braid Wire Neck: EVH Wolfgang Neck Black Pickup w/ Metal Braid Wire
- PICKUP SWITCHING: 3-Position Toggle
- CONTROLS: Volume (500K EVH Bourns Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed, Tone
Shop EVH Guitars Now:
Have a question?
Contact us at 844-687-4296 or firstname.lastname@example.org