As the first release from Fenders “10 for ’15” campaign, the American Vintage ’70s Hardtail Strat is definitely a great way to kick off the collection! Fender instruments have a storied history and are renowned for their collectability and their ability to be configured in unique combinations. 10 very special instruments simultaneously illustrating both points, will be released this year from Fender. These guitars, developed under Fender’s most creative minds and talented builders, are sure to become sought-after collector’s items. Read below for more info on the first of this slew of amazing guitars to be released this year!
The mid ’70s saw the widespread popularity of the non-tremolo—or “hardtail”—Stratocaster, so we dedicated the true look and vibe of the Limited Edition American Vintage ’70s Hardtail Stratocaster to that era. Hardtail guitars are a great option for tuning stability, but they also have their own distinct sound—with more body mass, a string-through-body bridge, and no harmonic overtones from the tremolo block and springs, they’re Stratocaster models that truly have a sonic and stylistic identity all their own.
- Maple neck with modern “C” profile and “large” headstock
- 9.5″-radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets
- Three American Vintage ’70s Stratocaster single-coil pickups
- Five-way pickup switch
- Black pickguard, control knobs and pickup switch tip
- Vintage-style string-through-body hard-tail bridge
- Comes in Black or 3-Color Sunburst
Watch the Video Below of this awesome guitar in action!