Guitar players love the guitar for a variety of different reasons. Some of us for it’s striking looks, others for it’s versatility, and many for the cool gadgets you can buy to create some awesome sounds. The Gizmotron® 2.0 certainly fits into the cool gadgets category, capable of creating some of the most intriguing sounds we’ve ever heard come out of the age-old instrument. The Gizmotron® is an electro-mechanical bowing device that attaches to electric guitar or bass, enabling you to produce string sounds such as cello, viola or violin. With the Gizmotron® 2.0, you can create endless sustain, haunting drones or bow polyphonic chord arrangements. It is an effect that entices orchestral sounds from your instrument and unveils a new dimension of sonic enjoyment for players and listeners alike.
A few of the features of this unique machine include:
- 100% mechanically produced, organic, harmonically rich tone.
- Speed Control – Vary the volume, tone and attack of the Gizmotron 2.0 using its speed control knob, or by using the optional SPD-1 speed control foot pedal (not included, sold separately).
- Universal Quick Release Mounting System – Quickly release and lock the Gizmotron 2.0 to your instrument using three low-profile mounting pads.
- USB Powered – A 9.8ft (3m) USB cable and international AC Adapter is included with every unit.
- Durable, Robust & User-Serviceable – Manufactured from industrial-strength ABS, the Gizmotron 2.0 contains a high-quality DC motor, precision swiss-machined driveshaft, and long-life quiet ball bearings.
The Gizmondo is nearing production, but as of right now you can join the waiting-list on their website to ensure that you’ll be notified of it’s official release. Pricing currently stands at $439.99 for the bass version, and $449.99 for the guitar version. Not bad for something as cool as this. Watch the demo video below and tell us what you think of this cool device!